Artful exchanges

Some art exchange mail on it's way to the USA at present.

Years ago I had a pen pal Kyoko who lived in Kyoto in Japan. I delighted in receiving her mail, and she would include in the letter, a piece of her beautiful origami. Little creatures made of folded paper would fall from the envelope as I opened it, and for a young girl in Australia, who had no contact with another culture at that time, it was magical.

Art exchange mail received from the USA and Canada, turned into a journal page.

The same feeling still happens when I open an envelope from one of my art exchange friends across the world. Art exchange is a bit like having a pen pal, but included in the envelope may be little pieces of ribbon, papers, an art work, or an Artist Trading Card.

If you'd like to participate in a fun art mail swap... just drop me a line.