Beachy Christmas - The Thong Tree 2015

The best Christmas trees come very close to exceeding nature. ~ Andy Rooney

I decided to brave the elements late today and go for my walk. I'd sort of hoped that the Christmas Thong Tree might have appeared on the beach today, as I'd seen a sign asking for a 4WD'er to help move it during the week.

Hubby and I tried to work out if we could put it in the back of the CRV but we are clueless about sand driving. Made 2 calls to others - no go, equally clueless. Anyway, the tree wasn't anywhere to be seen, when I arrived at second totem so I decided to keep walking...

And made it to 3rd totem (well truth be known I kept walking as I thought that maybe the mirage that I saw in the distance was the tree, but it was only the totem in the seamist).

It's a bit over an hours walk to 3rd totem and back. It was so gorgeous being at the beach after a muggy, hot old day, walking in the cool sea water, and feeling the occasional drop of rain on my skin. The late afternoon light soft, and welcoming to walk towards.

So I turned and headed back and as I got close to the end of my walk, I saw Santa's Little Helpers driving away in a 4WD... Awww... it made my day.

And behind them, there it stood in all it's Christmassy glory - the Christmas Thong Tree 2015 had just finished being put up.

I'm looking forward to seeing the smiles of delight, as people discover the tree again this year. Thank you so much to Mary who creates the tree (and Santa's Little Helpers who assisted).

What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace. ~ Agnes M. Pahro